Britty - My Vegan Life

Thursday, October 19, 2006

=|

I had my horse riding camp AND I got the best horse! I got their new Appaloosa named Chip. I wanted to ride him since the day I saw him. He is so cute and a not threatening at all, so it wasn't scary. They have lots of small ponies, but Chip is big and that thrilled me. (I don't mind riding the small ponies, but the bigger the better to me! ;)) I didn't do great tacking him up, but luckily you had someone with you who actually knew what they were doing, and they were able to help. Once on the trail, Chip and I had fun! Even though they (sadly) held a lead rope and lead him, I still got a chance to turn him without their help. Overall, it was fun, even though my hands froze off since it was morning and SO cold! :P

Sadly, there is some bad news: my hamster, Starlight, died yesterday. I am so saddened. I keep looking at her empty cage expecting to see her running around. :( I can't believe almost two years of having her passed by so quickly. It feels like I got her yesterday. I have never lost so many pets in a year, and I just can't believe what our animal ark has dwindled down to. Even our fish tank is looking more empty than ever.

5 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Candi said...

:( What a cutie. You were a good mommy to her!!!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Gaia said...

Poor Britty :( I have been thinking so much about you :( how sad you must feel...
Starlight was beautiful. She had a beautiful life because she had you to love her and take care of her. Do you realize how lucky you both were ? She changed you and you changed her. That is what love does.
I'm sure that you will miss her. You will also remember her forever.

I send Starlight beautiful thoughts, and a big kiss, wherever she is and I thank her for making you happy.
And I send you the biggest hug
{{{{Britty}}}} You are a beautiful beautiful girl, inside and out. You help a lot of animals and so you are a great inspiration.

I'm very happy that you had a good time at riding camp. I hope you took lost of pictures !

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Razzle said...

oh, poor little Starlight! She was so cute. I know what a good hammy mommy you were to her. I'm sure that she is still around you, just like Minnie. Maybe they are playing together? Your pets will always be around you since they love you so much!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I'm sorry about Starlight. She was beautiful. I have a hamster right now that I think is going to pass away soon, she's seeming very old. I love her very much, so it's hard, but I also know that I've given her a safe and happy life, so I'm thankful that I got to spend as much time with her as I've been able to.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger XxhexerxX said...

noooo... starbite... i mean starlight :( i didn't know at all :(

i just happened to roam around the blogs when i saw that

i had 5 hamsters in my life
my 1st one got lost when i bought him out for fresh air, 2nd one died of extremely old age, 3rd died of old age too, 3rd and 4th went to live with a friend of mine and i'm now left with my 5th hammy, which will be my last *i sworn that i will stop at 5* sadly, i'm afraid he won't live longer than june since he is also very old now :( i only can treasure all the moments we spent together {with all the other hammies too}

its sad but they still grow old and die. but at least we can get satisfaction watching them grow up ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home