Britty - My Vegan Life

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Smokey

Sadly, I come back to blogger with very sad news. Our bunny Smokey has passed away.

Read her story: Abandoned bunny

She was a beautiful girl and very loved. Only a night ago she had come inside and got spoiled with some of Candi's veggies and got to hop around the house! We have had many bunnies in the past years and by far, Smokey was my favorite. It felt great saving her and then being able the teach her to trust us and be able to tame her. I know she is happy now though and she'll be with Beanie and her two kids.

Beanie


Smokey's day old baby girl


It is so sad how bunnies can instantly pass away. I witnessed this when I went out side and saw her hopping around and then came back outside and she was gone. :( She was an old bunny. She could be between 5 and 7 years old. She never showed signs of sickness and she was happy until the end. What a good girl! You'll be missed Smokey!

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Candi said...

Stop the sad blogs! Actually, I love the pictures you posted. I think you did a great job with "wild" Smokey! Let's blog her stone since it's so pretty. :)

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Gaia said...

This is really sad news. I truly hope that our friend Weenie is with your bunny friends. She died on Sept 25 and we miss her so much.
I so understand what you mean too. They pass instantly, it seems. We know Weenie was old, almost ten, but in a matter of minutes, she was bouncing on the floor and then lying on it, lifeless. I cried so much and still do when I think about her.
Hugs to you Britty. You took really good care of Smokey <3

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Razzle said...

Aww, Britty...this is really sad. :( I know you'll miss Smokey - she was so cute and such a good bunny. I remember when you first got Smokey. She was so lucky to find you and I know she had the best life a little bunny could have ever dreamed of. I bet she's hopping around now, playing with all the other bunnies, and Minnie and Starlight, and they're all talking about how nice you were and how much fun they had with you. <3

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Valentina said...

this is so sad, but they received a lot of love from you and Candi..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home